We have reached a milestone in our church life where we are taking steps to form a Ministerial Search Committee (MSC) to find a settled minister for our congregation. As a first step, the Board of Trustees formed a short-term nominating committee comprising Jim Rodenmacher, Emily Lichtenstein and Suzanne Hickman to collect and coordinate input from the congregation. We need your help in compiling a list of potential members for nomination to the MSC. We are asking that you think about members of the congregation, including yourself, that you would like to see serve on the MSC.
Qualities that are sought in MSC members include:
- Member of FPD
- Respected and trusted by the congregation
- Able to listen well and speak their view point
- Able to see the congregation as a whole
- Invested in the future of our congregation
- Able to commit to a long-term (about a year) intensive period of service
We will be mailing a ballot to members and active friends by the end of February for you to give the names of up to five members who you think can well fulfill this important role on behalf of First Parish. Feel free to contact us with questions or concerns.