The First Parish Dorchester annual gala and Meetinghouse Award celebration has been a regular fundraising event in our Dorchester community for over 10 years. COVID has challenged all of us, but we are proud to announce that we will virtually celebrate First Parish Dorchester and our community – on Saturday March 20 at 6 pm. We’ll be doing it the 2021 way – virtually of course, but we’ll be sure to do it with a lot of style!
The virtual event will feature:
- Messages from outgoing mayor Marty Walsh and our new mayor Kim Janey (invited), Tina Chery, founder of the Louis D Brown Peace Institute, Rev Elizabeth Carrier -Ladd, our 24th settled Minister at First Parish and more
- Musical performances by Boston Children’s Chorus and First Parish Dorchester’s own 1630 band
- Video visits from our partners Fair Foods, and Beth Israel -Deaconess COVID vaccination clinic
- Photos and video greeting from the FPD community in action
- Emceed by our own Steve Auger
We are very excited to enter the world of virtual events, and hope you are, too!
Our ticketing will be new this year, and we’re offering three options, listed below.
- General attendance ticket. Everyone is welcome to attend the virtual event free of charge.
- Buy a Ticket / Get a Dinner. Because food is such a central feature of our event, attendees can purchase a dinner ticket and have a special event meal delivered from our long time catering partner Max Ultimate Food! (Available to those living in the delivery area).
- Donation only ticket. If you’d simply like to donate to First Parish Dorchester.
Watch for an upcoming message coming soon with details on registering to participate, ordering a meal, and/or donating!