Easy Ways to Get Involved at First Parish
When you are new at First Parish, you may wonder how to get to know people and how to get involved. Below are suggestions that may help you do just that. We are glad you are here!
(Contacts for these are listed below.)
- Be a Sunday morning greeter! Your warm smile and hearty welcome can brighten some other newcomers’ first time at First Parish. You will be partnered with an experienced greeter.
- Sing in the choir! All are welcome to join the choir, which sings twice a month, and rehearses at 9 am on the Sundays they sing.
- Come to the monthly Fellowship Dinners, on the second Friday of the month from 6-8 pm. Bring a food contribution if you can, or just bring yourself.
- Sign up to host Sunday Fellowship Hour after the service. There are written instructions, and you can be matched with someone who’s done it before.
- Help with building projects! The historic Meeting House has on-going needs for maintenance, decluttering, and repair.
- Offer to help lead/teach Religious Education on Sundays. Cross-generational connections are one of the best things congregations offer their members, and FPD kids are great!
- Join a First Parish team for the Mother’s Day Walk for Peace, sponsored by the Louis D Brown Peace Institute, on May 10, 2020.
- Be a Fair Foods volunteer. Every Friday from 3 – 5 pm, First Parish is a distribution site for hundreds of $2 bags of healthy produce. It’s fun, and help is always needed. Just come on by!
- Join a First Parish Team on a Habitat for Humanity build in La Ceiba, Honduras in August 2020.
Rev. Terry Sweetser: worship, pastoral care. email@example.com or text 617-645-9681.
Ana Sorina Popa, Music Director. Music@firstparishdorchester.org
Lucas Gonzalez Milliken, Director of Religious Education. Dre@firstparishdorchester.org
Laura Maltby, Membership/greeters, Habitat for Humanity. Landrmaltby@aol.com
Myles Crowley, social justice. firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Lichtenstein, Fellowship Hour, email@example.com
Chris Montani (until April 2020), then Julie Simmons, Building and Grounds, firstname.lastname@example.org