Easy Ways to Get Involved at First Parish
Some easy ways to get involved at First Parish!
When you are new at First Parish, you may wonder how to get to know people and how to get involved. Below are 12 suggestions that may help you do just that. The flip side has names and contact info to follow-up on these suggestions. We are glad you are here!
· Be a Fair Foods volunteer. Every Friday from 3:00-5pm, First Parish is the food distribution site for hundreds of $2 bags of healthy produce. It’s fun and help is always needed, just come on by.
- Be a Sunday morning greeter! Your warm smile and hearty welcome can brighten some other newcomers first time as FPD. You will be partnered with an experienced greeter.
- Help revitalize First Parish’s social justice mission. You can help organize walkers for the annual Louis D Brown Mothers Day Walk for Peace, get involved in the local interfaith Sanctuary movement, move forward the Black Lives Matter movement, be a liaison to UU Mass Action, or bring forth your own passion for justice.
- Sing in the choir! All are welcome to join the choir which sings twice a month and meets at 9am on the Sundays they sing.
- Help with Building Projects! The historic Meeting House has on-going needs for maintenance, cleaning, de-cluttering and repair.
- Offer to help lead/teach Religious Education on Sundays. Cross-generational connections are one of the best things congregations offer their members, and FPD kids are great!
- Sign-up to host Sunday Fellowship Hour! There are written instructions, and you can be matched with someone who’s done it before.
- Help with Sunday services by being a chalice lighter, a worship associate or song leader.
- Come to the monthly Fellowship Dinners on the second Friday of the month. Bring a food contribution if you can, or just bring yourself.
- Attend one of the upcoming Little Dinners in January and February, which aim to give current and new members a chance to get to know each other. Watch for sign-ups soon.
- Take photos of life at First Parish that we can use on the website or Facebook page! Send them to Kit Binns, the Office Administrator.
- Join the pastoral care team and be on tap for a meal, a ride, or a friendly visit.
What interests you that hasn’t been mentioned? Let us know: