- Our church is a registered historic building in a picturesque location.
- We have a parking lot and plenty of on-street parking.
- Our first floor function spaces are fully accessible.
- The Sanctuary accessibly seats 400, plus approximately 200 more on the balcony level. It offers an antique Tracker pipe organ, a piano, and a public address system for basic amplification.
- The Parish Hall offers an 18’x15’ stage equipped with an Estonia grand piano and complimentary use of 15 tables and 85 chairs. Formal tables are also available for rent.
- The Allen Parlor, adjacent to the Parish Hall, with sliding pocket doors, is included as a secondary space with rental of the Hall.
- A serving kitchen is available for food preparation.
- We have second floor conference rooms for meeting purposes, as well as nursery space available.
- Our interim minister, Rev. Terry Sweetser, is available to officiate at life events. Please contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability and fees.
- Note: There are no rentals on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday evenings; or on Sundays.
We are a liberal religious community. We welcome inquiries about renting our Parish Hall, Sanctuary, or meeting rooms from any person or group whose purpose, goals, ideals, or philosophy is consistent with the broad ideals of First Parish Dorchester. Priority for all activities, including FPD events, is determined on a first come, first served basis.
Using First Parish Dorchester for your Wedding
As a Unitarian Universalist church, having your wedding in our church gives you the flexibility to create a ceremony with your own personal touches that will make your wedding day special for you.
For more information see our Wedding Package Brochure 2019-20.
Using First Parish Dorchester for your Memorial Service
As a Unitarian Universalist church, having your wedding in our church gives you the flexibility to create a ceremony with your own personal touches that will make your memorial service a fitting tribute.